Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawer assembly

On 2/16/2013 10:42 AM, Leon wrote:
I have not tried this but was wondering if it would work. Have you ever
considered cutting the front/back rabbits with the end of the board on
the table, pointing up and down and the resulting tongue being between
the blade and fence? If you set the fence the same distance away from
the blade as the width of the dado cut you may be able to use the same
fence setting for the dado and rabbit cut and no sacrificial fence or
blade height adjustment.

Of course the dado width would have to be exactly half the width of the
stock.

You mean like when cutting tenons on the TS with a jig?

Would you not need some kind of 'fence riding jig' to keep the vertical
board in position through the drag of the dado stack cut, especially in
a less wide drawer part?

Or, maybe my mental floss didn't work all that well this morning?

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net