Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default computer trojan destroys hard drives

On 2/16/2013 6:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm sorry that happened to you, but what are the odds of me having a desk
top drive and two external drives from the same batch? Not in my life time.
Why not go with my explaination which is that I picked up a malware trojan
that destroyed my drives? Is that answer unacceptable for some reason?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

There was news about two weeks or so ago, about a really bad virus
hiding out in one of the universally used software thingies....Java? I
didn't bother with it because my computer is mechanically sick anyway
and whatever is out there has always been snagged by my friend, Norton.
My former family of computer professionals (four of them) each, at
some time or another, sent me a virus which Norton caught. They all
claimed Norton was junk, but I'm happy with it. Looking for a 'puter
not made in China. My first was a Micron, gift from my brother, with
quality we'll never see again.