Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Dave West[_3_] Dave West[_3_] is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

"larkim" wrote in message
On Friday, 15 February 2013 15:13:26 UTC, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:08:11 +0000, Toby Sleigh wrote:

Snipped

IME any discount gained by having a burglar alarm is minimal. Best say

you haven't got one. Especially since if you have got one, but had a

break in when it was off (e.g. you were at home) they may not pay up.

Much as I'd hate to imagine either arriving home with the possessions gone,
or waking up in the night with an intruder around, I still consider it
sufficiently unlikely to occur that its not worth spending £500-£1000 on (in
addition to insurance!!)
Matt

So in 2013 with the supposedly new attitude by the authorities to burglars,
what is the best course of action on hearing someone breaking in to your
house downstairs ?