Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

On Saturday 16 February 2013 10:50 charles wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:
On Friday 15 February 2013 23:02 charles wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article ,
Mathew Newton wrote:
On Friday, February 15, 2013 9:43:49 PM UTC, Toby Sleigh wrote:

Are there any companies that will maintain a diy fitted burglar
alarm.

I've not heard of one, for understandable reasons.

I think you'd be better off telling your insurance company you don't
have/use an alarm and pay the rise in premium. You'll still be quids
given the money you've saved not having to pay for a maintenance
contract.

But my insurance co INSIST on an alarm.

Find another insurer then.

and pay a much higher premium ....

You must live somewhere very "colourful" - I've never seen an alarm
requirement on any insurance quote.

My only problem is that occasionally the flat roof elements on my house
cause odd companies to refuse to quote.

Reading this on the web? See: