Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

Seems pretty daft. I wonder if alarm engineers are allowed to maintain their
own?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message
Hope someone can help.....
We have a Friedland SA5 6 zone wireless alarm system that I installed
approx five years ago, and have maintained since. This unit is very
similar to Yale wireless alarms so one or othe is probably a rebadged
version.
Anyway we've recently changed house building & contents insurer. Our new
insurer is insisting that there is a maintenance contract in place. I've
been phoning round & consistently failing to find a company who will take
on a diy installed system.

Are there security companies out there who will maintain diy installed
alarms? or will I have to give up & get an equivalent approved system
installed at vast unnecessary expense.
Location is Ealing, West London.