Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

Jethro_uk wrote
Peter Parry wrote

Also bear in mind police forces do not, as a matter of policy, react to
bells only alarm as over 99% are false alarms. If a neighbour phones
the police and reports an alarm activation they will be referred to the
local council noise abetment unit. Only if they phone and say the
alarm has gone off and they can see someone loading your
belongings into a van might someone turn up, eventually.

My old boss, and ex copper once told me that you shouldn't tell the police
that you can see people in the house ... they'll take ages to turn up.

They didnt when I did that, they showed up in force as fast as is
physically possible.

As he said "Why would anyone turn up if there's a chance of getting hurt."
?

Because that's their job, stupid.

Using that stupid line, no cops would ever show up to an armed robbery in
progress.

They do anyway.