Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chair wood filler

"Steve B" wrote:

I have a really nice (in its day) wood and leather chair. The sides
are C shaped, and made of some sort of springy strong steam formed
wood. The seat is leather. In its day, I imagine it was spendy.
Good comfortable chair, and leather is good.

Someone had a puppy, and one of the arms has chew marks. On the
underside, they are deeper, up to quarter inch. I don't want to
restore this to as new shape, just fill in the holes, shape, sand,
and put some matching stain/varnish over it. I know there are
common wood fillers. Is that what I would use, or is there
something stronger, maybe epoxy based, or some other type that has a
little more holding power in an area where this might flex?

Anyone know what a chair like that might be worth? I got it free at
a yard sale with some other "stuff".

I'd use epoxy thickened with micro-balloons and colored with brown
pigment.

Check out System3.

http://tinyurl.com/coseof6

Lew