Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Removing chuck on B&Q Performance Power NLH1050HD hammer drill

PeterPan wrote:
Hi
I have knarled up my chuck and have a new one of a different make to fit
but I can't get the old one off. I am told it is a left hand thread on
the chuck and I know how to use a lever in the chuck. There is meant to
be a screw inside the chuck but if there was it is now all chewed up
possibly by a loose masonary bit. I will probably have to drill the
head off the screw before I can use the lever method. Has anyone done
that and what type and size of screw would I need to replace it? Is it
a right hand thread and if it is where do I get one?
Hope someone can check their own drill of this type

No idea about that particular drill but on our old drills I used to put the
chuck key in and wallop it with something solid to spin the chuck In the
normal direction of rotation.

Tim