Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

On Feb 15, 4:03*pm, larkim wrote:
On Friday, 15 February 2013 15:13:26 UTC, Jethro_uk *wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:08:11 +0000, Toby Sleigh wrote:

Hope someone can help.....

We have a Friedland SA5 6 zone wireless alarm system that I installed

approx five years ago, and have maintained since. This unit is very

similar to Yale wireless alarms so one or othe is probably a rebadged

version. Anyway we've recently changed house building & contents

insurer. Our new insurer is insisting that there is a maintenance

contract in place. I've been phoning round & consistently failing to

find a company who will take on a diy installed system.

Are there security companies out there who will maintain diy installed

alarms? or will I have to give up & get an equivalent approved system

installed at vast unnecessary expense. Location is Ealing, West London.