PeterPan PeterPan is offline
Junior Member

Default Removing chuck on B&Q Performance Power NLH1050HD hammer drill

Hi
I have knarled up my chuck and have a new one of a different make to fit but I can't get the old one off. I am told it is a left hand thread on the chuck and I know how to use a lever in the chuck. There is meant to be a screw inside the chuck but if there was it is now all chewed up possibly by a loose masonary bit. I will probably have to drill the head off the screw before I can use the lever method. Has anyone done that and what type and size of screw would I need to replace it? Is it a right hand thread and if it is where do I get one?
Hope someone can check their own drill of this type