Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Actual Length of 4/3 A NIMH Flat Top Cells With Tabs

Thanks, William. The cells are apparently also available in consumer
button-top style cases, which may be what the 67.5mm spec is attributed to.

Sellers and manufacturers often aren't critical about listing the
proper/correct specs.

I have a little wiggle room in the overall length (spring cotacts for the
battery pack), but not much.
I'm fairly certain that the OEM used the 4/3 A size cells in the original
battery pack, but I don't have one to open and inspect.
(4100 mAh rating and sub-C cells are too large in diameter to fit).

--
Cheers,
WB

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I'm finding several cell lengths specified for 4/3 A cells, from 65 to
67.5mm. Cells with tabs can vary in length due to wavy welds, but
probably not much.

Does the specified "length" account for the tabs? I would think not.

I'm trying to determine if 4 cells length-wise will fit into a space of
about 260.3mm or 10.25".

4 x 65 = 260, so it seems unlikely they'd fit.

Avoid using your metal calipers on a charged cell, eh?

Harbor Freight sells cheap plastic calipers.