Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Two Projects

After an almost 2 year delay, I'm tackling the entertainment center project, again, with the help of my nephew. We have the main carcass/sections linseed oiled and next week will be spraying them with lacquer. This is the most ambitious project I've ever attempted and I'm not sure if my previous planning has covered all my bases.

Recent thread/posts note I should plan for particular drawer slides, first, prior to making any drawers. I have a cache of Knape & Vogt 14" and 12", Series 8400, drawer slides - http://www.cabinetparts.com/g/8400-s...ies-knape-vogt . I may need help with this installation, though I've installed these on my router bit cabinet and am pleased with the results.

Also, I may need help with the door design/installation, relative to proper hinges to be used. I suppose I need to select the proper hinges, to accommodate the door design. I'll likely use a door frame overlapping the carcass face frame design and I'm not sure what hinges may be best. I don't do this often enough to know what may be best.

Second project: I've always wanted to make a shaving horse, hand made with only hand tools, direct from the log (green walnut). It's done... finished it yesterday! Took a week to make it, a lot more work than I thought it would be. This log and parts were hard to split. I suppose I may need to tweak it, later, as the wood will dry and shrink, over time. It's pegged together, for easy disassembly, transport and reassembly, if need be. It was a fun project, with a few challenges. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...7632768367830/

Sonny