Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Pope pops off

On 12/02/2013 11:04, Andy Champ wrote:
On 11/02/2013 17:25, Geoff Pearson wrote:
How can this be of any interest? A bloke who is 86 announces he is too
tired, nae wunder, to carry on work. He was too old when he started the
job. Shock? Very old bloke retires? Not much shock to me.

I did some digging on this last night, because I wasn't even aware it was possible. As far as I can tell the last time a pope resigned was in
1415, and that was to deal with a problem where they had three at once.

Nothing in Canon Law to stop him.

However, I think his boss had something to say about it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph...e-resigns.html

Colin Bignell