Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F.K.[_2_] F.K.[_2_] is offline

Default COst of steel at metal suppliers

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:51:59 -0800 (PST), Transition Zone
wrote:

On Feb 9, 3:22*pm, Ignoramus19809 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19809.invalid wrote:
If I was to buy steel at a metal supplier, in the quantity of a ton

or
so, how much would it cost per lb ?

Depends upon what kind of steel and where. I remember I saw a TV
movie Columbo episode: "The Conspirators" (1978) which ended up being
about ships that traded cargo while out at sea. Could this be a cheap
way of avoiding cheap import duties ?? Like buying steel below
government-set prices??

(you do know that the price of steel is set by each country's
government, right)

No, I didn't know that. Could you enlighten us and advise us of the
U.S. National Agency that sets the price of steel in the U.S., and
perhaps in another one or two countries?