Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:08:02 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

Quorn as a veggi food, it has chicken egg in it.
It does actually say that somewhere but veggies don't read much.

I think you are confusing vegetarian and vegan. But then meat eaters
are not known for being particularly bright.

Not very vegetarian to eat eggs is it?

Personally I draw a vague line at viable living things with a nervous
system. Commercial eggs are infertile but even if they were development
is stopped very early so no nervous system and they are no longer viable.
Never mind meat eaters are not known for being particularly bright so one
can't expect them to have really thought about where their bits of dead
animal come from.

Not that vegetarians are picky.

Seems that meat eaters are if they are getting upset about a bit of dead
horse on their plate. What is the difference between killing and eating a
pig, goat, cow, sheep or WHY and killing an eating a horse?

A vegan is not supposed to use anything that exploits animals, not that
all/any of them do so. It must be hard if you avoid using shops, post,
manufactured goods etc. where workers wear clothing made from leather.

Vegan is a bit loopy. IIRC a vegan diet does not provide all the
nutrition that the human body requires, some vitamins? These are found in
dairy produce.

--
Cheers
Dave.