Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

In message , alan
writes
On 10/02/2013 09:20, Tim Lamb wrote:

I'm pretty much retired. I think if rule breaking across Europe were
that blatant the UK agricultural press would be shouting very loudly.

Run by lazy journalists. Trade press is just printing press releases
from various companies with a few guest articles from someone with a
vested interest in selling something.

FWi is current...

The press, including trade press, will only be interested in
malpractice when someone dies. The interest will only last for a few
weeks, or until the story falls off the front page of the daily mail.

Could the Romanians afford Bute?

As for trusting the British farming industry - how many products are
imported, minimally processed or packed, and then appear with a union
flag logo when they appear on the supermarket shelves?

Hmm. That seems a tad misdirected. I would think most home produced meat
is purchased on contract from abattoirs and packed/labelled on behalf of
the supermarkets. I think country of origin labelling may be banned by
the EU but not certain.

Red Tractor logo is UK only.

--
Tim Lamb