Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Arfa Daily
writes
Doesn't necessarily help, if the spray has spread systemically through
the plant, either via the leaves, or by the roots ...

There are rules attached to the use of agricultural sprays. Firstly, in
the case of accredited production, the decision to spray and the choice
of chemical must be by someone qualified to do so. The time, quantity
applied and weather/crop conditions must be recorded and made available
for inspection. From 2014 those of us still relying on *grandfather
rights* will be banned from spraying food crops which can then only be
done by accredited members of the NRoSO.

Clearly if someone wants to cheat it is still possible but the system is
open to checks.

-- Tim Lamb

That's all fine and dandy for growers like you in this country, but lots
of veg comes from all over Europe, where they may not be - how shall we
say - quite so 'accommodating' of the rules ... ?

I'm pretty much retired. I think if rule breaking across Europe were that
blatant the UK agricultural press would be shouting very loudly.

I doubt it, essentially because there wont be some operation like
Findus doing a recall.

Currently, apart from the horse/beef imbroglio they are only concerned
about the failure to fully implement the Sow stall ban.

That's just because the ****wit journos don't have a ****ing clue.

They should be doing it with olive oil alone.