Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default COst of steel at metal suppliers

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 21:35:24 -0600, Ignoramus19809

On 2013-02-09, axolotl wrote:
On 2/9/2013 3:22 PM, Ignoramus19809 wrote:
If I was to buy steel at a metal supplier, in the quantity of a ton or
so, how much would it cost per lb? I mean metal such as hot rolled
rounds 1-3 inches thick, 4140, rectangular solid stock etc.

I want to price my 15 tons of steel below market, and I want to know
what "market" really is.

thanks

Yarde Metals also sells drops and surplus material. They offer certs and
if the order is large enough, delivery. They have prices on line.

http://www.yarde.com/index.html

Kevin Gallimore

Looks like they want almost 2 dollArs per lb

In California..a lot of steel is $2.40/lb

1. Lie