Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 10/02/2013 09:20, Tim Lamb wrote:

I'm pretty much retired. I think if rule breaking across Europe were
that blatant the UK agricultural press would be shouting very loudly.

Run by lazy journalists. Trade press is just printing press releases
from various companies with a few guest articles from someone with a
vested interest in selling something.

The press, including trade press, will only be interested in malpractice
when someone dies. The interest will only last for a few weeks, or until
the story falls off the front page of the daily mail.

As for trusting the British farming industry - how many products are
imported, minimally processed or packed, and then appear with a union
flag logo when they appear on the supermarket shelves?