Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19809 Ignoramus19809 is offline

Default COst of steel at metal suppliers

On 2013-02-09, Karl Townsend wrote:
Iggy, scrap steel purchase is about the only thing you haven't beat me
at for scrounge deals. If you rmeber i bought the whole room of steel
at an auction for $100 then immediately sold the rack for $150. It was
over twenty tons.

It was 90 degrees and 80% RH that week and i hauled five days
straight, about died.

Anyway, I've been selling off that pile at 50 cents per lb. and guess
the weight (low if you load yourself and get a lot. Full weight if you
are a PITA)

Yes, that was a great deal and definitely better than mine. My best
deal to date is the "forklift manual deal". But this one is great
also. It took us 2 days to remove that metal (5 man-days) and we did
use a forklift. Most of it is still on my 48ft flatbed semi trailer,
we need to build the cantilever rack that we brought along. I am glad
that it was relatively cold and not hot like for you.