Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

harry writes:

On Feb 8, 2:44=A0pm, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2013 1:23:46 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote=

:
On 08/02/13 12:46, Dave Liquorice wrote:

What I find rather disturbing is that no one in the whole long supply

chain, from abattoir to retail outlet, appears to have been routinely

testing that a batch of meat or product called "beef" really is 100%

beef.

How would you know?

Usually the ideas is to have the ingedients listed.
The same goes for use by and sell by dates and price tickets/barcode.

DNA testing is scarcely =A0the sort of thing that people engage in rout=

inely.

That's why you should only buy from reputable companies, whether or not p=

eople think Findus is reputable may change.

Company X decides that in practice people can barely tell horse from

cow,

How does company X know this ?

stars mixing in horse, and the frozen mince goes off to McDonkeys

suppliers, who use the sort of it in lasagne as well.
They undercut everyone else's prices, so guess who else start to copy.

Soon, as with banks, 'everybody is doing it' throwing in the rats

squirrels, dogs, deer - anything that is or can reasonably be described

as 'edible meat' goes in one end. and death burgers come out the other.

What hapopens when they start using non-meat perhaps some for of plastic =

with flavouring.... a bit like quorn .

And you thought Ankh Morpork was fictional.

I was thinking more along the lines of soylent green but who would eat gr=

een meat !!! pass the food colouring dear :-)

We buy our stuff from the local butcher.

Can you tell horse meat from cow meat? I doubt if I can.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m