Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - sweating walls

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 11:20:00 -0800, wrote:

Been doing this a long time. I have never seen condensation generate
THAT much water. Doesn't mean it isn't happening, though. But these
are things I call "the most likely suspects" when trouble shooting and I
would start there.

Thanks Robert, lots of things to try there. A little more detail:

Imagine the top view of the shower stall as an upside down U. The left
edge of the U is flush with an outside wall. The right edge of the U has
a tile wall extending 3-4 feet to the right of a toilet. About 6" of
this actually extends into the U. The leak is at the bottom of that 6"
section, but above the rim around the shower. So I think I can eliminate
the pan and the drain but I will check them.

I looked for missing grout once before and found and fixed a couple of
small places on the other walls, but nothing on the 6" section where the
leak is. I'll try the magnifying glass technique and go over it very
carefully. Thanks again.

carrying a cross.