Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Need temporary fix for ceiling rain leak

"Steven L." wrote:
I live in an apartment, and the living room ceiling near the deck has a
rain leak: During the biggest rainstorms, some water drips down onto my
carpet from one particular spot on the ceiling. There's a stain on the ceiling there too.

I've had the maintenance people in my apartment twice, but so far they
have failed to fix the problem. They'll have to try again next week.

While they're still trying to figure it out, is there some *temporary*
fix I can use to stop the water from dripping from the ceiling every time
there's a big storm?

Silicone caulk?
Rope caulk?
Anything else?

I stayed at a motor lodge. I read bad reviews about the place. Upon
entering room, found at Least one leak between beds. It quit raining a day
or two beforehand. The one odd thing was a large rectangular box in the
hallway. I kept looking at it thinking, was that to catch a water drip ? I
didn't want to investigate.

Wedding reception was great.

Greg