Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need temporary fix for ceiling rain leak

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 04:26:32 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:41:44 -0500, "Steven L."
wrote:

Yes, the water tends to drip from a spot on the ceiling that's right
near the wall. I might be able to catch it with a funnel that I'll tape
to the wall.

It sounds like it's actually better to let the water drip out, rather
than try to seal it up in the ceiling!

If you were able to seal it too well, the whole attic would fill with
water and eventually collapse the whole structure. That could really
suck! However, you'd never seal it that good.

This is a SECOND FLOOR apartment in a 3 STORY building. It is NOT a
roof problem - and NOT an attic issue.