Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air tank cannons

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to make a noisemaker air tank cannon by cutting off a tall O2
bottle. I don't want to fire any bowling balls, just create a loud boom
for New Year, and 4th of July. Would it be better to use gunpowder or
Acetylene/O2 mixture? I am considering of using an inflatable 99 cent
ball to block the barrel, just charge it, insert the ball, inflate, and
fire. Leave it hanging on a rack when not in use, and call it a bell,
in case anyone should investigate the sound of the report.

Steve

Many larger metro areas have sound listening equipment that can
triangulate on a report to within a very small distance. In addition
many metros have adopted ordinances which include air guns, bows, and
even slingshots in their no discharge ordinances. Atleast one city I
know even specifically includes vinegar soda bombs.

Where I live, they can't even locate illegal brush burners in the off
season.

Steve

Well, in that case how about vinegar soda bombs. Hard to nail the timing
exactly, but that's half the fun. All you need is baking soda, vinegar, and
two liter bottles.