Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Continuing Work on Deck

Swingman was heard to mutter:
It is "normal" in the sense that lumber moves as it dries.

The question on if it is a problem revolves around an investigation into
whether the movement of the posts has interfered with:

1. The post's job of providing the necessary "support" required.
2. The visible aspect of the design.

I forgot to say that two posts (of 10?) are twisting. Once much more
than the other. Think spiral on a candy cane. Is that normal? Is that
acceptable? I ask because this is built on a concrete patio going up
two stories with the intent to put a hot tub on it. My friend was
assured it could hold all that weight, but the twists and gaps would
have me nervous with that kind of a load.

Maybe it's just me. ;/