Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air tank cannons

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to make a noisemaker air tank cannon by cutting off a tall O2
bottle. I don't want to fire any bowling balls, just create a loud boom
for New Year, and 4th of July. Would it be better to use gunpowder or
Acetylene/O2 mixture? I am considering of using an inflatable 99 cent
ball to block the barrel, just charge it, insert the ball, inflate, and
fire. Leave it hanging on a rack when not in use, and call it a bell, in
case anyone should investigate the sound of the report.

Steve

Many larger metro areas have sound listening equipment that can triangulate
on a report to within a very small distance. In addition many metros have
adopted ordinances which include air guns, bows, and even slingshots in
their no discharge ordinances. Atleast one city I know even specifically
includes vinegar soda bombs.