Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Air tank cannons

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:49:59 AM UTC-5, Steve B wrote:
I want to make a noisemaker air tank cannon by cutting off a tall O2 bottle.

I don't want to fire any bowling balls, just create a loud boom for New

Year, and 4th of July. Would it be better to use gunpowder or Acetylene/O2

mixture? I am considering of using an inflatable 99 cent ball to block the

barrel, just charge it, insert the ball, inflate, and fire. Leave it

hanging on a rack when not in use, and call it a bell, in case anyone should

investigate the sound of the report.

Steve

based on what a 30 gal trashbag full of acet and O2 sounds like, clear win for acet!