Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Air tank cannons

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:49:59 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I want to make a noisemaker air tank cannon by cutting off a tall O2 bottle.
I don't want to fire any bowling balls, just create a loud boom for New
Year, and 4th of July. Would it be better to use gunpowder or Acetylene/O2
mixture? I am considering of using an inflatable 99 cent ball to block the
barrel, just charge it, insert the ball, inflate, and fire. Leave it
hanging on a rack when not in use, and call it a bell, in case anyone should
investigate the sound of the report.

Steve

Acet/O2. Its gonna be far cheaper to fire repeatedly.

And if its pointed upwards..really doesnt need the beach ball.

Black powder is about $20-25 a pound these days IRRC..which gives you
about a 16-32 shots per can.

Gunner

1. Lie