Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default WTB *LARGE* used plough disks

On 2/2/2013 1:55 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
I am looking for a few (1 to 6) large (1 or 2 36 inch and 1
or 2 26 inch, and 1 or 2 22 inch nominal diameter) used
plough disks. These can have either the smooth or
scalloped/toothed edge.

Should not be too rusty.

Plan is to weld up Argentinean style discos de assado for
some family members. To see what I am talking about goto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf5KtNidq9Y
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...eTA-CM0kE&NR=1
{spotless shop to start}

Main difference between the Argentine and Mexican style (and
a wok) seems to be that the Argentine style has a 2-4 inch
[5-10 CM] lip welded around the outside to allow these to be
used as a paella pan and for braising in addition to stir
frying.

To see one in use goto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5WYwJMuLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7RiDOcu8BE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH5XMo-1boo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4RofO3BN0

it's probably location dependent. i found a pile in a junkyard in s phx
a few years ago. i had the square hole welded shut, and use it as a
glass slumping mold.

http://glassartists.org/ChaniArts