Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to cost efficiently clean rust from steel plate

On Feb 3, 2:03*pm, Transition Zone wrote:
On Feb 2, 5:36*pm, Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 04:35:34 -0800, Larry Jaques

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:15:11 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
On Jan 28, 3:29 pm, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:
wrote in
in college I learned how to design with vacuum tubes.
Identify the value of component Rk in the following item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-TUBE-AMP...-/150984104264

For the 6BQ5 or the 6CG7?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

I had to go look at this. There is a store in a mall in Dewitt NY that is
selling vintage audio gear. They had some nice gear from the past but the
prices were a bit high for most of it. Kind of strange seeing gear that I
had dealt with years ago. They had a few tube amps on hand. Sort of weird
though, they had a nice set of Cerwin Vega D series being fed through a
Macintosh amp. The source was an I-Pod!!!

--
Steve W.

Note that it's a *McIntosh*, not a *Macintosh*.

Shades of me yout! *My friend in Phoenix, AZ had a Marantz turntable,
Marantz 4000 Quad preamp (OhMyBuddha, what a treat!) and a McIntosh
amp which fed through Boze 901s and 301s. *We rocked the **** outta
that apartment complex. *Girls came for miles to listen to it and fall
under our spells. *The 4000 removed all the hiss, crackles, scratches,
and pops from those old vinyl records. *I almost came the first time I
heard an album through it. *g *I'm pleasantly surprised that
McIntosh still makes the Mc275!
http://tinyurl.com/a4trtrd(There'snothing like a cheap phone video
through which we preview and hear a stereophile preamp, huh?)
http://tinyurl.com/33rr55b, and *http://tinyurl.com/429qgm8

Also back in the '70s was my sister's boyfriend's (lead guitar) bass
player, Dave Lines, who started Allied Sound and Lighting in
Oceanside, CA. *He had strung together a pair of mono-clamped Phase
Linear 700Bs and let them sing through 4 Voice of the Theater speakers
(with JBL rather than Altec Lansing speakers). *I had earplugs and
earmuffs on and could stand in that converted hangar and feel every
note go right through my body.
http://tinyurl.com/bac4lhw,http://tinyurl.com/a2ufhu3

Fond, fond shades o' me yout...

* There is quite an industry in finding older audio gear and shipping it

* *to places like Vietnam and other turd world ********s. *The
Party
*people are buying it like crazy.

*A Vietnamese friend of mine

You think you're funny insulting other peoples' backgrounds ?

(even you own "friend")

He's pandering to his cult of idiots.