Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default JessEm Mortise mill

On 2/2/2013 2:02 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Here's the bottom line for me on build vs buy: I'm a hobbyist and if I use 100 tenons in a year I will be surprised. Having said that, once I get my hands on what Jessem sends, I'm bound to try making my own.

Larry

FWIW, hobbyist or not, being able to cut mortises and use tenons more
quickly affords you the advantage of building "better more quickly".
If you are anything like me you will find that if the tool is worth
while and not a PIA to use you will use it more in place of other other
tools. You will find more reasons to use the this type joinery. Building
furniture with mortise and tenon joinery is a by far better than using
pocket hole screws and or biscuits.

Basically if you are not satisfied by the Jesem jig don't let that leave
you with a bad taste for mortise and tenon joinery.