Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default WTB *LARGE* used plough disks

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 14:26:47 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 08:39:18 -0600, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

snip
Wouldn't a tank head work the same?
http://www.cmforming.com/tankheads-and-accessories.htm

snip

=============
Thanks for the link.

Yes, but the cost is higher than a used disk (I think)
although this may be offset by reducing fab time and cost of
material for the lip/rim. I live in a rural area, but all
the farmers here seem to use the smaller diameter disks,
which would be suitable for a small unit to go on your bbq
grill or kitchen stove ( and should fit in the oven for easy
paella).

Several people have contacted me off list and it appears
there are far more of these being made/used in the states
than I thought. Plenty of these units for sale at good
prices in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, but the freight is a
killer. Some commercial units w/o lip/rim at
http://bluemoondisk.com/About_Us.html

http://www.disc-it.com/ {has cnc plasma cut supports}

Google search term is discada

Don't have permission to post the emails, but some of the
more interesting links these contained a

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=112481

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/vi...ae8f 8ce16bf2

Thanks for the info

Or just use a larger Wok. You can get them here up to about 36" in
diameter :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.