Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default JessEm Mortise mill

On 2/2/2013 12:09 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:37:32 -0600, Swingman wrote:
That's 30 minutes for ALL the project tenons ... Now tell me how long
would it take you to cut 80 tenons in the ends of 40 chair components?

Ok, maybe you can make them that quick. But, there's other factors to
consider too. Setup time, clean up time. However you want to lay it
out, there's always other things to consider too.

If you had really read the post, you would have noticed that "setup
time" was included.

Your carpentry pays for your living and your time is often not just
leisure time. Making loose tenons compared to buying them is not as
simple a comparison as it sounds.

I don't do "carpentry"; the context of all my replies thus far have
clearly contained the operative words "Multi-Router", "combined", and
"custom sized loose tenons"; and in ALL cases I was clearly and DIRECTLY
addressing ONLY the time issue involved.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net