Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpecker Rules

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:08:53 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Bill" wrote

I changed the way the top box is affixed, adjusting it's size
slightly. If anyone besides me is
considering this project or just wants to see, the new pic is the 2nd
one.

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

8-degrees F. this morning. Still chilly in IN!

I was a little confused by the various animals on the box on the top
of this clamp stand. Then I figured it out. It is a litter box! You
must be a real animal lover. ;-)

Actually, I looked in the SU Warehouse for "Acanthus foilage" first,
but they didn't have that. They didn't have any Cardinal's either. You

Try "foliage" and "cardinals" next time, Wee Willy. You still might
not find them, but at least you'd have spelled the words correctly.
gd&r

get what you get!
David Letterman is from Indiana too, but people think he's funny.

He usually is, despite his being a silly liberal.

The only comment I would make about the present design is that it
apparently depends on you cranking down the handles on top to get the
clamp under the top. This takes a fair amount of time and if you have
to do much clamping, it will be frustrating. I would leave enough
room to put the clamp on there without having to adjust the handle.

That's a good suggestion, Lee. My next step has to be to take a look at
my clamps, and see whether I need to make any adjustments. I didn't
think of the issue you mentioned, and you are absolutely right!

Mine self-lock by sliding the free end up near the top. The screws
hook behind the board and prevent their loss. No need to tighten
anything and it only takes a second to secure or release 'em. I can
release 4 simultaneously with one hand.

Alternatively, hang them upside down with the screws extended to hold
them on.

--
I’ve long been passionate about protecting and expanding democracy,
which is really the only viable mechanism to preserve liberty and