Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default JessEm Mortise mill

"Swingman" wrote in message

"John Grossbohlin" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

On 2/1/2013 6:10 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I think you guys may have too much time on your hands... ;~)

?

The combined operation of cutting mortises on the Multi-Router, and making
custom sized loose tenons, cuts shop time labor by at least 30%, more If

Its the making the tenons part, not the mortise part, that would burn time
that pulling tenons out of a box wouldn't. Setting up machines to rip,
joint, thickness, round over, cut to length, etc., to relatively tight
consistent tolerances takes time... I suppose if you make 100s or 1,000s of
them in what otherwise would be down time it would be OK, and cost
effective, but in the middle of a job it strikes me as a time burning
distraction.