Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Woodpecker Rules

"Bill" wrote
Lee Michaels wrote:

The only comment I would make about the present design is that it
apparently depends on you cranking down the handles on top to get the
clamp under the top. This takes a fair amount of time and if you have to
do much clamping, it will be frustrating. I would leave enough room to
put the clamp on there without having to adjust the handle.

That's a good suggestion, Lee. My next step has to be to take a look at
my clamps, and see whether I need to make any adjustments. I didn't think
of the issue you mentioned, and you are absolutely right!

As someone who has built things that I have used for over thirty years, let
me tell you, you screw up on something, you will live with it forever more.
Always leave some kind of fudge factor in every thing that you do. You may
get some clamps that have longer handles than the clamps you have now. You
may need to get your hand under the top or between the clamps to get one
out. It never hurts to provide a little extra room to get your hand in
there. Or to a different size clamp on there.