Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop[_2_] Gramp's shop[_2_] is offline

Default JessEm Mortise mill

On Friday, February 1, 2013 2:47:07 PM UTC-6, Lee Michaels wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote

It's only to clean up the hole, after having drilled down all the way in

several places.

I've seen guys demonstrate it and they all had their own technique that

worked equally well.

I do wonder how it might be retrofitted with a trim router and good

router bit.

There are all kinds of router mortise jigs out there. The difference with

this product is that it is much cheaper. There are a whole spectrum of

mortise options available. From cheap to exorbitant and everything between.

You pays your money and takes your choices.

From the OP:

I've decided to try it and for less than $100 ($69 for the unit and $10 for 50 tenons) it either is or isn't going to meet my needs. I kinda look at this as an expensive first step toward the Domino.

Larry