Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default JessEm Mortise mill

On 2/1/13 7:45 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Anybody have hands on with this one: http://www.jessemdirect.com/Pocket_M...ll_p/08200.htm

Larry

That's a great price for that. Not only is it cheaper than the Beadlock
Pro, but it's easier to make your own tenons. I almost pulled the
trigger on one of these, but I already have a self-centering doweling
jig that is easier to use than this JessEm.

I think it would be a great way to decide if loose tenon joinery was the
"thing for you" and if you fall in love with it, you could bite the
bullet on the Domino.

I still might get one to check out.
Even if I don't like it, I could get at least 40 bucks back on ebay.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--