Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless water heaters -- inneresting take.

On 1/31/2013 5:49 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
BTW, 240V is available in the US, too.

Heck, the first tankless water heater I installed needed two 240 volt
circuits run to it. ^_^

In a very large plant where I worked two tankless water heaters were
installed. It was then discovered that it would cost a couple of thousand
dollars to get the power to them, so they were then taken out. There is
plenty of power at the plant. About 10 rooms where some 13,200 volts come
in and is converted to 480 volts 3 phase and other voltages. It was just
where the hot water was wanted was too far away from one of the power rooms.
Later some regular tank type heaters were installed as we did have some 240
volt circuits close by that could supply 20 amps.

They should have asked Joe The Plumber before proceeding. ^_^

TDD