Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless water heaters -- inneresting take.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:27:29 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/31/2013 5:22 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:10:08 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:22:11 AM UTC-8, The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 01/31/13 10:25 am, Attila Iskander wrote:

http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/pag...r-heaters.html

Now, this guy sells anodes'n'**** for tanks, but I found his take

level-headed.

The raw thermodynamics of tankless -- esp. gas tankless -- puts one

big strike against tankless from the gitgo.

Funny how tankless heaters have been around for more than 50 years in

Europe and are the primary mode of providing hot water to households

One has to wonder why something that has had 50+ years of daily usage in

a large parts of the world would allegedly be so far back technically as

the author claims.

Do you mean tankless for *central* water heating in Europe? I do recall

some people having what was called a "Geyser" (trade name?) over the

kitchen sink when I was a child in the UK, but I don't know whether they

had any other hot-water supply for other rooms.

The only water heaters my family ever had were associated with an

always-burning solid-fuel stove (an "Aga") or later a gas-fired boiler

for central heating and hot-water supply, with an electric element in

the storage tank for use in the summer.

Perce

I've noticed in pictures, a water heater inside the bathroom showers of

places in Europe. It appeared to be an electric unit right above the

shower head. ^_^

TDD

and the voltage is 220 volts in them there places.

BTW, 240V is available in the US, too.

Heck, the first tankless water heater I installed needed two 240 volt
circuits run to it. ^_^

Hmm, I'll bet I have more than two 240V circuits in my house (there
are two 150A panels in the basement). ;-)