Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Tankless water heaters -- inneresting take.

wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:24:58 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When I was a kid, my grand parents lived in the 2nd floor of a house. Took
near to forever for the hot water to get up from the cellar. I'm sure they
would have benefitted from an instant.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"chaniarts" wrote in message

I've noticed in pictures, a water heater inside the bathroom showers of
places in Europe. It appeared to be an electric unit right above the
shower head. ^_^

TDD

that's generally the hold house/apt water heater. time to get to the
shower head is minimal, but can take longer to get elsewhere in the
house. since these are retrofitted to very old places, that's frequently
one of the only places it can go.

I have that problem in our current house. The master bath is about
50' from the water heater. One of these days I'll probably put a
point of use heater in the basement under the master. ...or just move
the tank (probably when it fails).

When it fails, it will happen on a cold morning, 2 days before your weekend
guests are due to arrive. You'll barely have time to install the only
overpriced unit you can find that day, in the same location as it is now.
Isn't that how it always happens?

If you really want a POU unit or just want to move the tank, you ought to
start planning it - and plumbing it - when everything is in working order.