Sandy

Default Salt and vinegar for rust removal

On 17 May 2004 16:00:39 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
posted:

Sandy one writes:

Nonsense. What you're saying is that if you don't understand the mechanisms

of
flight, you don't know that there are aircraft overhead.

No, I'm saying that if you don't understand flight, you can't
successfully pilot those aircraft.

Nonsense. Why on earth not? You do not have to know WHY to know it DOES.

I thought you'd thrown your rocks and then run away.

Are you saying that aircraft pilots don't understand ALL the
mechanisms of flight? I'll bet you don't fly.

Umm, the bit you snipped? Here it is again:

"I, like most woodwrkers,
am not a chemist."

Now what point was that making?

That most woodworkers are not chemists. Do you dispute that? If so, on what
grounds?

So you didn't make this statement of the bleedin' obvious in support
of your whine that this discussion shouldn't be here?

Are you trying to be deliberately obtuse?

Otherwise, why did you make such a silly, obvious and apparently
irrelevant claim here? No wonder you snipped it.

So why are you apparently criticising my reasons for not recommending
salt and vinegar? Sheesh, we've got one guy who cleans tools left in
the rain by the kids with hydrochloric acid! And he claims to be a
chemist!

I am not criticizing your reasons for not recommending it. I'm not even saying
back off. I am saying that the topic has gone on too deeply and too long to be
considered a woodworking topic. It is now OT.

Bull****. If you have come to a point where you can't follow it
anymore, just stop reading, and don't butt in with objections that it
is irrelevant here. Derusting tools is an interest of many here I've
read over the past seven years. Not everyone is as resistant to
learning as you appear to be.

Because it helps understand the chemistry of corrosion and how to stop
it and remove it. If you don't want to understand it, then why do you
read it? Do you not understand electrolysis?
I do hope you understand it enough to know the dangers involved.

Not interested in playing any more of your silly games.

You butted in with your OT whinge, remember? I thought you'd already
left. Do you really depend on filters that much?

And you apparently don't want to find out. That's fine, but why did
you join in, if that's the case?

You really do have reading comprehension problems, don't you?

My incomprehension is what, exactly? (I thought you wouldn't be able
to put your finger on it.) Are you are now denying you jumped in here
whinging that this thread you could not follow was irrelevant, and
then you claimed you had pulled the plug? What's not to comprehend?

No, I realised the simiarity after I wrote it.
I decided not to pander to your sensibilities by changing it.

Marvelous. Or so you think. What sensibilities, by the way?

The sensibilities that prompted you to comment on the similarity of
your name and my description of your behaviour. I considered it
fleetingly and found it eminently ignorable. Your sensibilities
prompted you to comment. No problem, but perhaps you might try to
ignore it too?

No. Forget it. I
forgot to drop this thing in with subject filters last time through. It has now
developed it's own silliness, over and above the original unnecessary
complexity.

Unnecessary for you. Again, you show your own selfishness.
Do you not have the ability to ignore what you have no interest in? Is
that why you need the crutch of filters?

Enjoy your continued messing about.

Like we were before you decided to inject your spoiler?
We will, thankyou.