Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default (OT) Car coolant question

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:40:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:10:35 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:28:11 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:02:46 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:56:07 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:17:46 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:36:22 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 27, 7:13*pm, Doug wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:15:13 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Jan 27, 3:37*pm, Doug wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:45:45 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

wrote in news:a949g8p7fatqaffk23cq48p5vnfoqn6q7v@
4ax.com:

*2 minutes would likely be safe. 5 would definitely be pushing your
luck.

Even 30-seconds is not safe if there is no coolant in the head. The rad
being missing is NOT the same as simply having low coolant-level in a
complete system.

Combustion temperatures are around 1,500-2,000 degrees F. That heat builds
in seconds if it can't be carried away; without coolant, the surrounding
metal will overheat /very/ quickly, creating the strong probability of the
head warping, which will cause head-gasket failure and poor valve sealing.

I don't know but my hunch is you are correct. *That said since this
newsgroup seems indecisive about exact amount of time (understandable
IMO), I think he is well advised not to take a chance because I
think?? he has more to lose than to gain. *Of course ultimately he
will make that decision. *- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure all the deep knowledge you've demonstrated
about the actual topic will be of great comfort to him on
his 5 minute journey.

Yeah ok.
Now I understand why some put you in their kill file.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, CL who just claimed he had me kill-filed, just replied to
one of my posts. If he can't figure out how to do it,
I seriously doubt you can.

First off, I didn't say I would.

Nor did he say you would, just that he doubts you can.

Second, you're beginning to sound like an idiot who deserves it.

Go fer it. Don't like the heat... It is pretty dumb to announce it
and even worse to announce it then obviously not follow through
(Trader's point).

Third, with my reader, I found kill
files not as good as I had hoped years ago.

Seems Trader was right all along.

Just looking to get into another war on words I guess.

With you? You always come disarmed. Where's the fun in that?

If it makes you feel happy, sure I'm wrong and you're right. Hopefully
that will SHUT you up for now.

Of course I'm right but not because I'm smart, rather you're so damned
dumb.

smile

The severely retarded usually just smile when someone tells them the
truth.

I guess you speak from experience. Hope you took your meds lately.