Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default (OT) Car coolant question

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:03:47 -0500, George
wrote:

On 1/27/2013 3:33 PM, Doug wrote:

The problem with some here is that they take everything so literally.
He probably just said 5 minutes to be conservative.

I agree with you. For instance I called for a concrete delivery and the
guy wouldn't accept "enough for a sidewalk" and actually insisted on how
much I wanted. Then he asked me when I wanted it and he would not accept
"next week". I just can't understand it...

Words mean something. Especially when the only form of communication
being used is words. Clearly none of us can see or know the OPs
situation so the only thing to go with is what was conveyed.

Five minutes is a long time so the only reasonable assumption is that
that time was chosen for a reason. I pictured maybe he needs to start
the car and back down a long driveway, wait for traffic and then pull
into another driveway or a space across the street maybe doing some more
maneuvering along the way.

If the OP had said say "30 seconds" then a reasonable person might
assume a simple back out of a space and off the edge of the driveway or
something similar operation.

I just tossed out an approximate number. It's been moved, took me just
seconds over 2.5 minutes. Everything is fine. Nothing even seemed to
get hot, no steam, etc.... Was about 1/2 mile and into the garage. It
was about 20deg outdoors, so it takes longer to get stuff hot.