Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Charles Self's 'Creating Your Own Woodshop (Take a Peek)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:16:27 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/27/2013 10:47 AM, Sonny wrote:
Another aspect, pointed out in the link, is lighting, with the help of windows. Though disorganization is distracting enough, improper lighting is a handicap, also. I really like the window space and the atmosphere it presents, in one of those shops, shown.

What I don't like about windows in a shop is that you're forced to deal
with the security hassle, at least in an urban environment.

Yep, no windows in mine and all the doors are sorta visible from the
house. Theft hasn't been a problem where I am, but no use tempting
the lowlife.

Would love to have them, though ... large ones. And a wooden floor
thrown in for good measure.

I like an oiled wood floor, too much of a fire hazard though.

The problem is, at a certain age, if you could indeed build the shop of
your dreams, chances are good that your widow will be selling it in the
not that distant furure.

Nothing sadder than to go to the sale of shop equipment, in the shop of
someone's dreams, held by the widow.

You had to go there didn't ya

I told my three offspring that even though I was spending their
inheritance, I was going to leave plenty behind for them to sell and or
fight over.

basilisk