Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default (OT) Car coolant question

On Jan 26, 6:02*pm, wrote:
I had to remove my car's radiator to get it repaired. *That may take
several days to a week, since the repair shop is real busy. *I want to
move the car to a differerent place on the property. *It will take 5
minutes at most to start it and move it. *Is it safe to run an engine
without coolant for a short time like this? *It's an 80's car with 6 cyl
engine if that matters. *I dont think it can get real hot in that amount
of time, but I thought I'd ask. *I'm handy with cars, but no mechanic.

Connect the two open hose ends together after filling as much water as
possible, use several wraps of duct tape to hold them together. Then
go for it, just keep an eye on the temp gauge that it doesn't go up
much past the midrange and you're fine.