Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default (OT) Car coolant question

On 1/26/2013 9:45 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:15:00 -0600,
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:44:49 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 26, 7:32 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:02:56 -0600, wrote:
I had to remove my car's radiator to get it repaired. That may take
several days to a week, since the repair shop is real busy. I
want to
move the car to a differerent place on the property. It will take 5
minutes at most to start it and move it. Is it safe to run an engine
without coolant for a short time like this? It's an 80's car with
6 cyl
engine if that matters. I dont think it can get real hot in that
amount
of time, but I thought I'd ask. I'm handy with cars, but no
mechanic.

Yet another troll from HomoGay.

Yeah, sure looks like it. 5 mins to move it on his property?
In 5 mins you could go 2.5 miles at 15mph.

Hey dickhead, I'm sure I'm not the first person who has had to wait for
auto parts and needed to move a vehicle. I'm asking a serious question.
I do not have another way to move it. It's assholes like you that ruin
newsgroups.
just went into my kill file.

He's been in mine (and a lot more) a LOOONG time.

Hi,
Oil also cools engine. But I don't know how long the oil alone can keep
the temp in safe range.

I'm not reading everything in thread, but water could function as
temporary coolant, drained and disposed of. What's the big deal? I'm
old enough to remember when just water was used in warm months and
methanol added as antifreeze in the winter.