Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Charles Self's 'Creating Your Own Woodshop (Take a Peek)

woodchucker wrote:

To me having the clutter prevents me from working. I find if I allow
it to gain on me, then I spend more time moving **** back and forth than
getting work done. When I am working organized I just get it done,
when I allow the clutter to creep, I spend 1/3 of my time making room,
_And
then I get side tracked_.

Ain't that just the truth! How about those times when in order to get to a
space, you have to move a pile of clutter, only to have it fall over and
make a mess - which just ****es ya off, and on, and on, it goes! I'm
actually reasonably good at keeping things where they belong, because I want
to know where they are the next time I need them, and have reasonable access
to them. If other people use my garage (which is common), and don't put
things back, I find that I can too easily fall into clutter mode myself.
So - I try to keep it fairly well organized to minimize that. Though - at
times it just becomes a disaster area, and then I have to kill a day getting
it back together. When that happens, the hardest part is just getting
started on the mess.

--

-Mike-