Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Charles Self's 'Creating Your Own Woodshop (Take a Peek)

Sonny wrote in
:

For me, the peek inside was another reminder of how disorganized
my shop is. Though I have some tools in reasonable places, for
convenience of work, I have others out of place, not to mention
several projects cluttering the whole, also.

Welcome to my world.

No sooner do I make an attempt to organize the mess, that I find
some project to start or to continue with, and that project
becomes priority, so the organizating comes to a halt. Seems,
doing a project is more important, or more fun, than organizing
the shop.

Of course it is! Organizing the shop is work. Doing a project is play.

About half my present projects consist of small tasks, for
neighbors and relatives, and these often take more time to do,
than I spend on my own projects. At times, I've wondered if
others have similarly disorganized scenarios.

At least one other. :-)

I think viewing and reading your link has inspried me to focus
on doing some organizing of the shop, again. The nice weather,
we're having, helps, too.

Crummy weather helps me get things done in my shop -- shop's in the basement, so it's a
nice warm dry place to go when the weather is nasty.